Picnic Allergy, founded in 2021, provides patients with customized treatment programs for allergic rhinitis that are developed in collaboration with board-certified allergists. They modify strategies based on a person’s unique set of symptoms, requirements, and treatment background. Their services offer a simple, hassle-free, and universally available way for people to get the medication they need without having to wait in a long line.
- Distributes both regulated and over-the-counter drugs
- Allows use of FSA and HSA cards “Care team” includes board-certified doctors and allergists
- As an individual, you need care that is tailored to your unique needs.
- To have something delivered to your house saves you time and is quite convenient.
- The prices are on par with those found in pharmacies and online.
- For new clients only: Save 33% on your first purchase.
- Targeted at allergic rhinitis–doesn’t treat all forms of allergies
- Does not accept insurance
- No shipping outside of the U.S.
- These and other prescription medications via telehealth are not legal in all states
If you suffer from environmental, seasonal, or pet allergies like many of us, we highly recommend Picnic, which takes the guesswork out of shopping for effective allergy relief. Picnic also offers individualized medical consultations, medicines, and symptom management guidance. Picnic’s prices are competitive with those of conventional pharmacies (but don’t necessitate a trip to the store itself.
How does it work?
More than 20 million persons suffer from allergic rhinitis, which can be triggered by several allergens such as tree and grass pollen, mold spores, cockroaches, dust mites, and pet dander. Allergy rhinitis, which includes seasonal allergies like hay fever, is triggered by seasonal changes in the environment.
Allergy rhinitis can be treated with both over-the-counter and prescription drugs, as Picnic has done. Before you can purchase prescription meds from Picnic, you’ll need to have a quick video chat with a member of their Care Team. This consultation lasts around 10 minutes and is conducted by online video chat. Your doctor will not only inquire about your health background and allergy symptoms but will also provide instructions on how to take any medications they may prescribe and point you in the direction of extra resources if you need them. You will receive an email letting you know your consultation is complete and you may proceed with your checkout within 24 hours.
Consultations with a Picnic doctor normally take little more than a few hours, and all of them hold valid licenses in the areas where they practice. Keep in mind that there are still some places where it is illegal to provide telehealth services. Even if you live in a state that doesn’t allow telemedicine providers to prescribe medication, you can still use Picnic to buy over-the-counter drugs.
Allergy rhinitis can be treated with a variety of options from Picnic, like antihistamines, nose sprays, eye drops, and natural remedies. Picnic sells only generic pharmaceuticals, with monthly supplies costing anywhere from $5 to $58. A $5 annual consultation fee is charged if your prescription needs a doctor’s review.
When you sign up for Picnic, your prescriptions will be automatically renewed and shipped to you every month or three months, whichever you desire. When you buy in bulk for three months, you save a lot of money. For instance, we saved $30 by ordering a three-month supply of desloratadine (generic name: Clarinex) rather than buying individual $30 bottles.
Getting started with Picnic
Picnic’s website makes it simple to try the service for the first time or to sign up for a membership. The following are the requirements for new customers:
- Complete the quiz. This is not required, however, it can be beneficial if you are unsure of what therapies you require. Use the conspicuous “Take the Quiz” link on the site to begin. This quick survey will inquire as to the frequency and intensity of your allergic reactions, the seasons and months that seem to be the worst, and the therapies you have tried and are willing to try in the future. In Picnic, you take a quiz, and then you get treatment suggestions. From here, you can either go to the checkout or continue shopping Picnic’s whole catalog.
- Browse products. If you’d rather pick and choose your meds yourself, rather than taking the quiz, you can do so by clicking “Shop All” at the very top of the homepage. Please note that a brief online consultation with a registered medical professional from Picnic’s Care Team is required for any prescription-grade drugs and costs $5 yearly. Telehealth prescriptions are not yet legal in all states, but if you live in one that doesn’t have them, you may still get over-the-counter medicines from Picnic.
- Checkout. Please include your shipping information and payment details in the form. All major credit cards are welcome at Picnic, and HSA and FSA debit cards are also accepted. If you choose to have your prescriptions automatically mailed to you every 1 or 3 months, making your order constitutes your subscription signup and authorization for Picnic to charge your credit card upon each subscription shipment. Subscriptions can be changed or canceled at any time by contacting the service.
- Complete a doctor consultation (if necessary). If Picnic has suggested that you take a drug that requires a prescription, you will be required to have a quick (about 10-minute) online doctor consultation before placing your order. There is a $5 yearly cost for medical advice and prescriptions.
- Await shipment. Once you’ve placed your order, it will ship in 1-2 business days. It should then arrive in 3-5 business days.
- Assess your satisfaction. The moment has come to begin taking your prescriptions as directed and to make any necessary subscription changes (you can cancel, switch medications, or change your automatic delivery frequency to either every 1 or 3 months at any time except when an order is in the process). Picnic will replace defective or broken items, but the company is unable to accept returns of individually packed pharmaceuticals under any circumstances. If you need assistance, you can reach the Picnic team at [email protected]. This is also the person to get in touch with if you want to make any changes to your membership or cancel it entirely.
How we evaluate health services and products
Privacy: Will your personal health information be safe in storage? Are online transactions safe?
Customer support: How much effort does the company put into customizing the service to your needs, even when “one size fits all” isn’t practical?